Darren Byrne tagged me in this Meme over on Culch.ie, so t’would be perfectly rude of me not to join in the fun and do one of these things too. So here goes…
1. Starting with the obvious one. My favourite film is V for Vendetta that, oh and High Fidelity. Both films which started out originally as books of one kind or another. I honestly do believe the V film built upon and even bettered Alan Moore’s iconic graphic novel, in a way that the Watchmen fell short of. The V character, the dark Orwellian aesthetic and a still-tasty Natalie Portman, despite the shaved head, all do it for me.
High Fidelity, I love because I think I can relate to Cusack in his role as Rob Gordan. I would like to think that if he had never got into acting, High Fidelity is how his life might’ve turned out. Hell, I still think mine may turn out that way some days too. That is if I can’t stop spending money on records.
[I feel lame for mentioning two recent films, so I’ll mention an oldie I love: Citizen Kane. Orson Welles, Media mogul looses it all in a tale of money, women and newsprint; who could ask for more?]
2. I have only seen bits of the three godfather movies. Second half of the first one, about 15mins of the second one and roughly an hour in the middle of the third one (that’s the one where they go back to his childhood right?)
3. My favourite film as a child was The Land Before Time. Dinosaur geek ftw!
4. When I was a child the T2000 machine from Terminator 2 terrified the crap out of me. I thought it would transform into my parents and come spike me in the eye at night.
5. I have not seen all of Napolean Dynamite yet. It’s been on my ‘To-Watch’ list but things keep getting in the way.
6. I’ve met Jack Black. (Who also starred in my favourite film, see point 1)
8. In college, we scoured ebay for IMDB’s list of bottom 100 movies and came up trumps. I am the proud owner of a copy of ‘Surf Nazi’s Must Die.’ It was that or ‘Killer Condoms’. We watched it once interwoven in the crazy plot was softcore porn. Bizarre.
9. I refuse to go see Avatar. It will never live up to the hype I’ve created in my brain.
10. I hate when Tina Fey is in films but I adore her on TV. It’s weird I know, but fuck it.
So as the Meme goes who would I like to see include this series of personal movie related facts on their internet soapbox? Well Barney for one, BP too maybe? Also would like Brogen‘s input too please.